Current Region: Global (EN)
This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. By using the website, you hereby agree on cookies storage.
For more than 100 years, the HOFFMAN™ and LAMSON™ brands have been recognized around the world as the best providers of centrifugal blowers and exhausters. Hoffman & Lamson offers solutions for processes that require uniform pressure, pulse-free flow, and oil-free operation commonly found in air and gas, industrial processing, wastewater treatment, and other aeration applications.
To learn more, review our portfolio of multistage centrifugal blowers below.
Multistage centrifugal blowers are rotating machines able to increase the pressure of air or gasses, by means of the centrifugal force normally transmitted by an electric motor.
1. Multiple Baffle Rings - Guides airflow smoothly into the eye of the impeller, dramatically reducing inlet passage losses. When combined with the two-dimensional impeller design increases blower efficiency and pressure/vacuum capability.
2. Balance Piston - Negates axial force and reduces pressure on the drive bearings, increases rotor bearing life, and minimizes leakage of compressed gas.
3. Multistage Shrouded Impellers - Two-dimensional shrouded cast aluminum impellers are balanced individually and keyed onto the shaft. On most blowers, the complete assembly is then balanced to achieve smooth operation with the lowest vibration levels in the industry. Rotor assemblies are designed to operate well below the first critical speeds for added reliability.
4. Flexible Coupling - Blowers and exhausters connect directly to the power source with a precision aligned flexible coupling. This optimizes power transfer and minimizes bearing loads for longer life.
5. Cast Housing - Blower housings are precision machined from high-grade cast iron. Smaller models are cast aluminum. The intermediate blower sections are assembled using high strength steel rods. The blower and its driver are mounted together on a single steel baseplate. This assures long-lasting performance and durability.
6. Labyrinth Seal - Minimizes leakage of gas throughout stages and stops airflow from reversing.
7. Carbon Ring Seal/MAXSeal (Mechanical Axial) - For special air and gas applications requiring superior sealing, optional carbon ring seals are available with a purge option.
7A. MAX Seal - An innovation in dry seal technology that reduces fugitive emissions by up to 67% when compared to traditional seal options. Ideal for landfill gas and applications handling toxic and explosive gases. Improves the safety of your operation while extending bearing life and lowering the total cost of ownership.
To learn more about our MAXSeal Upgrade, click the button below.
Equipment is tested prior to reaching the customer or end-user. This ensures top quality and avoids unforeseeable issues or operational downtime. Therefore, upholding Hoffman & Lamson’s strong reputation as the global leader of engineered solutions and producing premier quality products efficiently and economically. There are over 100,000 HOFFMAN & LAMSON multistage centrifugal blowers and exhausters in operation worldwide.
ABOUT Hoffman and Lamson
Hoffman™ and Lamson™ brands of centrifugal blowers and exhausters are among the many compressed air and gas technologies manufactured by Gardner Denver Inc.
Part of the Nash Division, they are American originals. Hoffman™ and Lamson™ brands have been setting industry standards for excellence, reliability, and customer satisfaction for over 100 years. Lamson, established in 1880, and Hoffman, in 1905, are brands customers know and continue to trust.